25. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE BORN AGAIN
My friends, before salvation, man is natural, unregenerated and dead to sin. He is therefore called an unbeliever who is alienated from the life of God and not a child of God. In fact, he does not have peace with God and himself, and is under the control of the devil. The unbeliever, therefore, needs to be forgiven and be reconciled to God to obtain deliverance and healing from the devil through Jesus Christ.
When man genuinely and sincerely surrender to God by way of confession, he becomes a born again, saved from the clutches of the devil. The Bible says in the book of Romans 10:9-10, "That if you confess with your mouth the LORD Jesus Christ and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation."
Thereafter, you thus become God-conscious and free to relate to God because you have now tasted the reality of God's love and forgiveness as noted in John 3:3-8; in Ephesians 2:1-5; in 1 Peter 1:23 and in Colossians 2:13.
After genuine and sincere confession, the following will ensue in the life of the believer:
1. You receive forgiveness of sins Colossians 1:14; Hebrews 10:17; Colossians 2:13-14.
2. You become regenerated as noted in Titus 3:5-7; and a new creation in 2 Corinthians 5:17.
3. You also become a child of God as noted in John 1:12-13; 1 John 3:1; Galatians 3:26.
4. You receive eternal life as noted in the books of 1 John 5:9-13; John 5:24; John 3:16.
5. You will also have peace with God as noted in Romans 5:1,10; Colossians 1:20-22.
6. Also, you become a heir of God and joint heir with our LORD Jesus Christ as noted in Romans 8:14-17; Galatians 4:6-7; Titus 3:7; Galatians 3:29.
7. You will also receive deliverance from the following actors: From sin unto good works as noted in Ephesians 2:10; 2 Corinthians 1:12; Romans 6:18.
8. You will also receive deliverance from powers of darkness to light as noted in 1 Peter 2:9, Colossians 1:13.
9. You will also receive deliverance from the powers of bondage to liberty as noted in Galatians 5:11.
10. You will also obtain deliverance from the powers of death to life as noted in John 5:24.
11. Furthermore, you become seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly place in Ephesians 2:6.
My friends, as noted from above, a born again believer encompasses all of the above to fortify you and make you an inseparable member of the kingdon of God filled with the Holy Spirit and power to abuse and disable the devil.
Who then is the devil? He is Mr & Mrs sin, failure, denial, fear, frustration, demotion, delay, et cetera. By being a born again, you have the delegated authority and power to put him, the devil, Satan, the adversary, enemy in his place. Praise God! Hallelujah.
Copyright © 2015, All Rights Reserved, riverofgraceministries.com